Bellbird Park State Secondary College is an Independent Public School, meaning we are a member of an elite group of Foundation Government schools which is administrated by a School Council.
The School Council monitors the school's strategic direction, which includes:
approving plans and policies of the school of a strategic nature and other documents affecting strategic matters, including the annual estimate of revenue and expenditure for the schools
monitoring the implementation of plans, policies and other documents
advising the school's Principal about strategic matters.
BPSSC IPS Constitution (PDF, 488KB).
The Council must perform its function in a way that achieves the best learning outcomes for school's students.
The Council may only perform its functions in relation to the school for which it is established. The Council is not part of the Department of Education, is not a body corporate and does not have a separate legal identity.
The Council may not:
- interfere with the management by the school's Principal of the day-to-day operations of the school and its curriculum
- make operational decisions about the use of teaching or learning resources a the school
- make decisions about the individual teaching style used, or to be used, at the school
- make a decision that is contrary to law or a written policy of the department
- have control of funds
- enter into contracts
- acquire, hold, dispose of or deal with property
- sue or be sued.
Meeting dates and minutes
The Council consists of student, staff, parent and community representatives. The Principal and the Parent and Citizens Association President are automatic members of the Council.
The elected members of the Council are:
|Michael West||Principal (Official Member)|
|Carly Lawrence||P&C President (Official Member)|
|Gavin Grant||Staff Representative|
|Leanne Buller||Staff Representative|